From a past few months, Research In Motion (RIM), has been trying to keep its forthcoming handsets under the wraps and has been successful to a certain extent. There have been hardly any leaks in terms of the way its new handsets are designed. However, in the recent past there have been reports of leaked images and specifications for BlackBerry 10 devices in the Internet. It is stated that a BlackBerry representative in Mexico unintentionally revealed what RIM upcoming handset would looks like, while demonstrating its workings.
This is not the first time that an L-series handset has been leaked. As per an earlier document, RIM has been very reticent about its new line-up of devices which will run on its new operating technique BB OS 10, but a list of specifications of its upcoming smart phones, an L-series touch screen tool named Laguna, has been leaked. The tool is supposedly making its way to Verizon, and from the specs sheet it seems that it is the CDMA version of the BlackBerry London.
The leaked specification list of BlackBerry Laguna indicates that the phone will run on the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 processor and will possess 1GB of RAM. The phone will feature a body dimension of 130mm x 65mm x 9mm. The handset will be adorned with a display screen measuring 4.2 inches capacitive touchscreen that will boost a screen resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels. It will also be featured with a very impressive pixel density of 335ppi and a 16:9 aspect ratio.
The BlackBerry Laguna will also be embellished with all the standard features such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS. Apart from these, the phone will also come with NFC technology and will be powered by an 1800mAh removable battery. Below listed are the leaked specs of Laguna.
- It is carries a 4.2-inch capacitive touchscreen that has a resolution of 1280 x 720 and 335 ppi.
- Featured with technologies like LTE, 3G, 2G, EDGE, dual-band Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hot spot, NFC, DLNA.
- Supported with GPS with A-GPS technology.
- Imbibed with Bluetooth v2.1
- Equipped with dual camera with a rear 8-megapixel Autofocus camera and a 2-megapixel front camera. 1080p video recording at 30FPS is also facilitated by the rear camera.
- Comes with 16GB of in-built storage with a hot-swappable microSD card slot.
- Built with microUSB port and microHDMI out.